An indoor archery range can provide a number of incredible benefits for individuals. Here are 10 of the top benefits:
1. Increased safety – An indoor range eliminates the need to shoot outdoors in potentially uncontrolled conditions. You eliminate the danger of loose arrows leaving the range or the yard since the space is contained. Additionally, the closed space makes it easier to find and retrieve loose arrows.
2. Reduced noise levels – Indoor ranges are often significantly quieter than outdoor ranges, making them ideal for concentration while practicing. The controlled space eliminates the noise of traffic or random voices, as you might find in some parks.
3. Improved accuracy – Shooting indoors allows you to better control your environment, resulting in improved accuracy. Wind and rain are not a factor once you head indoors.
4. Convenience – An indoor range offers convenience and accessibility that is unmatched by outdoor ranges. Many indoor ranges can be accessed 24 hours a day 7 days a week with a key FOB given to members. The facilities will have washrooms, which come in handy during long sessions. Some indoor ranges may have lockers or storage areas, as well as a shop where you can buy replacement parts, such as arrow heads or nocks, if things get broken or lost.
5. You can shoot no matter the weather conditions, which is great if you live in an area with extreme weather conditions. As a Canadian, this makes total sense. When temperatures are sub zero, the last thing I want to do is take off my gloves to grab hold of a metal bow. Rainy days are also a buzz kill at outdoor ranges, but don’t matter once indoor.
6. You can usually find a wider variety of targets at indoor ranges. Since indoor ranges are patronized by different types of archers, you will find a variety of targets. One might commonly find Olympic style targets, as well as decoy animals in the same place.
7. The lighting is typically better when shooting at night. If you’re looking to get the most out of your archery practice, an indoor range is the way to go. For people whose schedule dictates that they practice at night, you may benefit from the lighting provided at indoor ranges.
8. Number 8 is safety again. Indoor ranges are controlled spaces where members or paying visitors come to enjoy the pastime of archery. There is a much lower possibility of random people walking by to bother you or your belongings.
An indoor archery range is the perfect place to improve your skills and enjoy the many benefits that come with it! Contact your local indoor archery range today to get started.